You don't need to be in a serious accident to suffer an auto injury. Even a minor fender bender can cause injuries like whiplash or back pain that can have long-term effects if left untreated. That's why it's vital to visit our chiropractor immediately after a car accident, even if you have no visible injuries. Our team at Acme Chiropractic in Sacramento is dedicated to providing our patients the care they need for a fast and effective recovery after a car accident. Here's what you need to know about auto injuries and how we can help.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
There is a wide range of possible injuries you can experience in an auto accident. However, common auto injuries we see at our Sacramento clinic include:
- Whiplash: It's common in rear-end accidents. Whiplash happens when a sudden force causes your head to snap back and forth, causing your neck's muscles and joints to overstretch. Within 24 hours or more, you may experience symptoms like dizziness, blurred vision, or neck pain and stiffness.
- Back pain: The impact of the accident causes injuries to your back's muscles, joints, nerves, and bones, causing pain and limited mobility.
- Headaches: Concussions during car accidents aren't uncommon. This happens when your head and brain move rapidly back and forth.
- Soft tissue injuries: Sudden impact and even your seat belt may cause injuries to your muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
It's important to see our chiropractor as soon as possible after a car accident since these injuries can negatively impact your ability to fully participate in daily life when left untreated.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Auto Injuries
After a car accident, patients often experience pain, limited mobility, and other discomforts. Luckily, our chiropractor creates treatment plans that are tailor-made with each patient's recovery and overall wellness goals in mind. Some treatment options we often offer for auto injuries include:
- Spinal manipulation: After an auto accident, it's not uncommon to experience spinal misalignments. We perform spinal manipulations to bring your spine back into its proper position.
- Corrective exercises: We will teach you simple exercises that you can do at home to continue strengthening your core muscles and improving your flexibility in between sessions.
- Massage therapy: This treatment reduces pain, promotes blood circulation, and improves range of motion.
We may also provide lifestyle advice and nutritional counseling as part of your treatment plan.
Visit Our Wellness Chiropractor in Sacramento after an Auto Accident
At Acme Chiropractic, we are here to treat whatever pain or discomfort you may be experiencing. Our chiropractor will also help you prevent your symptoms from returning in the future. If you are interested in scheduling your first consultation or learning more about how we can help, contact our Sacramento team today.